Finding a sofa for the living room is not an easy thing to do by just closing your eyes! There are many considerations to get the best sofa for the living room because the sofa will be in an area where many people relax, watch TV, read, and even sleep. This room with lots of activities is truly a multi-functional room that must be set and designed for the comfort of everyone in it.
The living room can also be a room for pointing out the luxury of design and furniture, so when you start walking in the shop to bring the sofa home. You really have to read this article to help you navigate and start doing various selection tricks. In choosing a sofa, you will only be faced with 4 easy selection tricks. Here are the tricks for choosing a sofa for your living room:
Choose a Sofa to Maximize Comfort
1. Your Personal Style of Choice:
Modern style; When you have a living room in a modern or contemporary style, there are a number of questions you must answer:
- Is this about a clean line?
- Which design do you prefer?
- Do you like the mid style?
- What minimalist style is your idol?
Answer this question to facilitate the selection of sofas, and you can consider the choice between modern or contemporary sofas! Features such as Arm Track, tapered feed, or block feed, with tufted pillows with a tightly designed back, will get you by contributing a slimmer look.
Transitional Style; answer these common questions for determining a traditional-style sofa in your living room:
- Do you want a casual style in the room?
- Is the big sofa more attractive to you?
- Is style not important to you?
- So you prioritize comfort over style?
These are common questions to determine your sofa choice. The design of the transitional style will be marked with a style that is not striking, with casual lines along with the existing details. Because this is emphasized on the comfort, flexibility, and also practicality of the look of your chair.
Traditional; Okay answer the question too!
- Do you admire the impression of antiques?
- What about the design, do you prefer fine details or rich colors?
- What do you think of the classic pieces?
- What Attraction Do You Want to put in the living room? Formal or casual?
The traditional style of virgin design is often associated with something that can grow well indoors without the refreshment of the color palette and fabric that matches the interior of the year. Not with a new look style, the traditional look is more forward to the impression of eternity.
2. Size for the room
The size of the living room is a major factor in your selection. When you have a minimalist (less spacious) living room, you should narrow your choices to under 80 inches.
If your room is on a medium scale and not too small, then a sofa below 90 “in width is the most appropriate choice for your room. This is a sofa with details that contributes to the overall proportion of arm thickness, depth from a pillow, and also the height of your back.
If you are a person with a large living room, then you can bring a large sofa with a size of more than 90 inches because this will be the most appropriate choice to fill the room better.
3. Sofa construction
- Frame; Each upholstery on the sofa including the sofa will have 3 basic construction elements which will be the determinant of the quality of the upholstery. The frame, suspension, and cushion are the 3 basics of how your sofa is made from which will determine the quality of your sofa. Frame Is a coating made of kiln-wood and engineered wood, which is well-assembled with bonded wood joints and also in screws to create extra strength and reliability on the sofa.
- Suspension; The suspension system on the couch gives you how strong it is to support it. Basically, the sofa will have 8 springs tied with cross wires that will eventually give you a reflection when you sit on it. The best suspension system is an eight-way tie spring that will provide balanced support with durability for your sofa.
- Bearings; This is a factor that will make extra comfort for those of you who sit there. Do you have a sturdy chair with soft foam pads? Or a soft chair with a combination of foam, fiber, and also goose feathers? This can be a reference of your choice later.
Sofa with the couch?
Sofa with the couch is a term that is used interchangeably, and the most noticeable difference between the two is in terms of size and function.
- Sofa: This is a picture of a wooden bench with a decorative pillow and blanket that refers to furniture that has a function as a comfortable seat and rest area.
- Couch: The word Couch is obtained from France in the sense of lying down which means Couch is a sitting area that can be used to lie down.