The kitchen is a very complete area for your home, an area where you will find your family gathering and also a place used for preparation. And the kitchen is also an area that needs cleaning and washing every time! The sink in the kitchen is a consideration that you should think about how to choose and also clean from your sink.
The selection of the type of kitchen sink is a kitchen renovation project that is quite draining mind and budget. You will get a lot of types from kitchen sinks, from traditional top-mounted sinks to trendy models such as low sinks, choosing the type of sink is something you should pay attention to increase the appeal in the kitchen and as a way to reflect your personal style!
The Type of the Best Kitchen Sink for You to Choose
1. Top-mount, drop-in
The two types most often found in every home kitchen are the top, mount and also drop-in types. The two most popular types of sinks are often found in each complex, where sinks are provided by the factory, they have cut holes to the bottom of the table and the sink can be entered from above.
The weight of the sink will rest on the rim, and the edge of the sink is glued to the table using silicone. The sink that creates the rim on the edge is often also referred to as cell-rimming.
- Become a very good DIY choice, because you can install it yourself without the littlest talent.
- Has a low cost
- The circle from the sink prevents you from sweeping water and debris directly from the counter to your sink.
- Rim becomes an additional area that you must clean.
- The rim and sink are separated and this is often not liked by some homeowners.
2. Under-mounted sink
This type is the opposite of top mount, this type of sink will be installed at the bottom of your counter with a special clip. Cement is used to support the weight of the sink.
- You will find it easier to get rid of the water on the table and the rest of the meal directly into your sink without having to jump over the rim. And makes the choice of cleaning easier and easier.
- Having a smoother and smoother appearance makes this sink more attractive to every homeowner.
- The quality of this type can be said to be better than top-mount sinks.
Also Read: Make a More Dramatic Impression with Black Bedroom Furniture
- Has a more expensive price than here top mount
- Under mounting will wet the size of your sink
- When filling water without you watching, this sink will make your table wet.
3. Double Bowl
This one sink is a popular choice, this type of sink will make it easier for you to wash and rinse and dry together. Double bowls are a multifunctional and flexible choice for all jobs in your sink, from washing, rinsing or drying! Using this sink will speed up your preparation process without having to wastewater and replace it.
- Make it easy for you to wash and rinse at one time
- Become a choice for homes without a dishwasher
- You will not find a side big enough to feed a baking sheet or casserole.
- The utilitarian appearance of the sink is sometimes not preferred.
- The trend has made most homeowners choose a single bowl sink for their kitchen.
4. Single bowl
Single bowls have become a trend in recent years, and the selection of single bowls has become a category for a good sink in the kitchen. This type will be suitable for every type of style in your kitchen from a farmhouse sink or sink on the table.
- You will get enough space for washing casseroles and baking sheets.
- A larger bowl for holding water in it would be a great choice for a large house with a busy kitchen area.
- To display the apron in the kitchen, you can use this type of sink in your kitchen.
- You must provide a drying option on the side of your sink because a single bowl does not have this function.
- The basin of this sink is not very popular because of its small size and inefficiency.
SinkThis type is an option for a large single sink that is slightly different from the wall in front and the front of the counter. This type has a fairly popular installation by using the sink level and integrated into the calculation. Apron sink installation can be a country-style depending on how it is installed.
- With the measurement, you can more easily wash casseroles and pans.
- This type of sink will give you less space from the table to your sink, which makes it easy to wash and move from the sink to the table without having to walk.
- The appearance of the sink is very interesting and many people like this look.
- Aprons often drip
- Being an expensive choice compared to other types.
Drainboard is a type of sink that has a small bowl on one side and has a counter-level draining area on the other side. Which makes it easy for you to dry the washing.
- This type of choice for smaller space areas (minimalist).
- The part of the gutter that has lips, will trap water and drain the washing slush faster.
Also read: Tricks to Maintain Bedroom Cleaning Easily and Quickly
- Smaller basin
- Not the right choice for those of you who don’t wash by hand.
7. Island, bar
This type is a smaller choice for primary kitchens, this sink is a very suitable choice for additional bartending and preparation work. They come in a single basin with a diameter of no more than 16 inches.
- For those of you who have extra space in the kitchen, the selection of a second sink can be a good choice for your kitchen. Placing on the island or at the end of the table is a good choice.
- The depth of the bowl can make it easier for you to prepare food at one time.
- Be a good choice for easy access to the sink when you are cleaning food.
- Rarely used
- This type of sink is a secondary option that can destroy your budget.